GoFundMe for a Pro 2. Yes, this is shameless.

Information and discussion about the DSI Pro 2.

GoFundMe for a Pro 2. Yes, this is shameless.

Postby bestlegs » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:46 am

Well, no. Its not 100% shameless. But worth a shot? Flame shield is ready either way. I can provide more details here if you'd like. Ask away.

http://www.gofundme.com/csd0ic
bestlegs

Re: GoFundMe for a Pro 2. Yes, this is shameless.

Postby chysn » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:41 am

All right, I've gotten enough moderation requests on this post that I feel like I need to say something publicly.

Does the post contribute anything of value to the forum? Not really. Is it a poorly-executed campaign? Definitely. But it's also not off-topic spam. It does concern a DSI synthesizer and not Russian knockoff Michael Kors watches. If I'm going to screw up in my role here, I'm going to screw up on the side of not restricting discussion; so I'm not going to take any action here other than to write this.
DSI: Evolver #1431
Other Synths: Moog Little Phatty Stage II (Red), Arturia MicroBrute
Other Hardware: Alesis MMT-8, Korg Volca Beats
DAW: Reaper for OSX through PreSonus AudioBox USB
chysn
Site Admin

Postby bestlegs » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:43 pm

You're right. This doesn't really contribute to the forum. I wouldn't be offended if you took it down.

Thanks again,
j
bestlegs

Postby chysn » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:57 pm

Well, no. Now I have see how this turns out.
chysn
Site Admin

Postby Bald Eagle » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:12 pm

geeze ... if this works i'm going to start begging for a moog emerson, a car, a yacht and a few bars of gold.
Bald Eagle

Postby namnibor » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:36 am

Today has been my actual birthday...so I *bought* an Eventide Space pedal with cash I have **saved** in order to do so. I think when there's some sort of sense of entitlement, which I strangely get the feel or vibe with this shameless forum title thread, a person would not as much appreciate such great instruments if one lives vicariously as if it were their wedding or baby shower every day, rather than saving the beans.

This is not an inexpensive mono-synth, (paraphonic or not, let alone filters). There's more pragmatic routes if money is of an issue. You have a nice Hybrid Synth in owning a Tempest.

I love sardonic humor and thought this thread was a bit of humor...

Just saying...nobody made me a birthday cake today and my cat could care less.

However, I AM a nice person. Cake or no cake! ;)

:shock: CAT :shock:
Attachments
UnseenCat.jpg
UnseenCat.jpg (24.07 KiB) Viewed 10971 times
Last edited by namnibor on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just an alien living amongst humanity...we are almost finished, just have a bit more probing to do.
namnibor

Postby Razmo » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:04 am

Might have a greater chance with a KORG Monotron perhaps :lol:

But hey... at least he's not stealing like scam'ers, politicians, banksters etc... but I doubt he'll get anywhere with this. But it's the internet, and strange things has been possible from time to time that none thought possible, so why not ;)

Though... I'm not going to fund this... I have to save up for my Pro 2 instead.
Razmo

Postby namnibor » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:59 am

I do not wish anyone to get the impression that I was being crass or am a cold basTURD or anything with my previous post on this thread.

For instance, if this were a fellow Military Service-Connected Disabled Veteran, such as I indeed am, (but I also am fully pensioned/retired), then I would certainly have more 'compassion and empathy' for the OP's quest. (or some verifiable form of disability)

However, with the OP already owning a Tempest (not a cheap instrument as well), I would suggest in reality a poly synth, even if it were a Mopho X4 or any of the other used options such as a synth I still own from the late 80's that is indeed a hybrid synth, the KORG DW8000. Digital waves (16) that a different wave can be assigned to each of 2 osc's, and an all ANALOG VCA and Korg's EXCELLENT analog filter for each of 8 voices that also has a very useful ARP and an awesome digital delay and 61 keys WITH AFTER TOUCH :!:

This can be had for around $250. currently on ebay. (USD) This of course is just a few suggestions for OP as well as a WALDORF PULSE 2 where you get mono/paraphonic 4 or 8 voices, 3 analog osc's, cv/out, midi, USB, and a powerful ARP...all for $749. currently new and use a QuNexus ($99.) or something with after touch (or not) to control it.

I would certainly focus on repaying all your student loans and of course get a better job to match your college acquired skill-sets so you can afford this albeit wonderful, but not exactly cheap vocation of making music with hardware equipment.

Also, girlfriends are also 'expensive' and reason at this point in life, I prefer my cat...much less drama as well! :D

Peace.
Just an alien living amongst humanity...we are almost finished, just have a bit more probing to do.
namnibor

Postby dslsynth » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:32 pm

namnibor wrote:Also, girlfriends are also 'expensive' and reason at this point in life, I prefer my cat...much less drama as well! :D

Hopefully with a different set of use cases...! :mrgreen:

Seriously, a DINO is a good thing and quite useful for noise improvisations as well!

. o O ( time to run for cover? )
dslsynth

Postby bestlegs » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:40 am

OP here. Deleted the GoFundMe page. Here are some more useful sites:
https://www.charitywater.org
https://www.tilt.com/campaigns/hungry-bookshelf
(this one is near and dear to me)
https://rainforestconnections.org/proje ... eyCambodia
bestlegs

Postby chysn » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:37 pm

Very nice. And I hope you get your Pro2 some day.

Namnibor, happy birthday!
chysn
Site Admin

Return to Pro 2