MoKey Crash

Information and discussion about the Mopho family of synthesizers, including the Mopho, Mopho Keyboard, Mopho SE, and Mopho X4.

MoKey Crash

Postby chysn » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:05 am

My Mopho Keyboard crashed tonight. I was playing with the sequencer. I had the sequencer playing, and I was setting values for slew, and the instrument locked up. The LEDs that were lit stayed lit, the LCD display stayed where it was, the sound engine stopped, and it no longer responded to panel buttons or keyboard keys. I had to switch it off and on.

Four years, and it's never done that.
DSI: Evolver #1431
Other Synths: Moog Little Phatty Stage II (Red), Arturia MicroBrute
Other Hardware: Alesis MMT-8, Korg Volca Beats
DAW: Reaper for OSX through PreSonus AudioBox USB
chysn
Site Admin

Re: MoKey Crash

Postby dslsynth » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:26 am

I have had my yellow brick trash the current sound quite a few times by just turning the knobs. Have not seen it happen since I upgraded to the current beta from the other forum. But it should be fairly easy to reproduce: just try it out on a monday!

Your case sounds a lot more annoying! Most likely its a firmware issue that Chris have to find and fix. One challenge is that Chris said there are some upgrade issues with the Mokey (and some Tetra series) which require a visit to Doctor Dave for reprogramming the board because a normal firmware upgrade crashes the unit.
dslsynth

Re: MoKey Crash

Postby Soundquest2 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:10 pm

I don't use my Mopho for much other than basses anymore- so maybe it's a lack of exercise. But last time I used it I noticed things starting to act up on various knobs- whereas parameters wouldn't change right away- just like the ole encoder issues on the PO8. I'm probably not going to worry about it unless it becomes a routine issue.
Soundquest2

Return to Mopho