Possibly the ugliest Mopho ever award?

Information and discussion about the Mopho family of synthesizers, including the Mopho, Mopho Keyboard, Mopho SE, and Mopho X4.

Possibly the ugliest Mopho ever award?

Postby namnibor » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:58 pm

I just saw this on ebay USA and it reminded me of a few years back when I was diligently keeping an eye out for a Waldorf Q keyboard and during that time frame, there was this guy selling a poorly painted purple over the Sahara Yellow Waldorf Q...and it was even worse, as it looked to have lived in a barn for a while with all the pigeon "markings" to prove it. However, this may be beautiful in the eyes of some beholders. :D
At least this Mopho does not have the pigeon "markings", but just as sadly ugly...someone REALLY hated the yellow mellow Mopho color: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dave-Smith-Inst ... 1c542cecb7
Just an alien living amongst humanity...we are almost finished, just have a bit more probing to do.
namnibor

Re: Possibly the ugliest Mopho ever award?

Postby chysn » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:15 am

I like a bit of color, myself. I liked the Mopho's goldenrod, and I paid $50 extra to get my gorgeous red Little Phatty. But this I cannot abide. If you're going to paint, paint it all and invest in a matching StyleFlip overlay.

I'm going to embed a photo of this travesty, because it'll eventually expire on ebay:

Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 8.19.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 8.19.01 PM.png (293.59 KiB) Viewed 4072 times
DSI: Evolver #1431
Other Synths: Moog Little Phatty Stage II (Red), Arturia MicroBrute
Other Hardware: Alesis MMT-8, Korg Volca Beats
DAW: Reaper for OSX through PreSonus AudioBox USB
chysn
Site Admin

Postby namnibor » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:29 am

It's just *begging* for a 'Hello Kitty' sticker and maybe some glitter! :lol: I also like a bit of color...my Q Keys is very yellow, but this is a travesty. Thanks for preserving.
Just an alien living amongst humanity...we are almost finished, just have a bit more probing to do.
namnibor

Postby Benzebub » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:09 am

That should have been painted entirely or not at all. It looks really bad with the yellow spots here and there. Poor Mopho.
Benzebub

Return to Mopho