Old DSI forum

Topics about this forum, including requests, complaints, etc.

Old DSI forum

Postby captain » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:15 pm

captain

Re: Old DSI forum

Postby dslsynth » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:28 pm

Yeah the old DSI Forum is BACK !!! So nice! . o O ( wget anyone!? )
dslsynth

Postby Paul Dither » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Now what?
Ableton Live 9 Suite | Ableton Push | DSI Evolver Desktop | DSI Pro 2 | KMI QuNexus | Korg Volca Beats | Moog MF-104M Analog Delay | Moog Minitaur | Moog Sub 37 Tribute Edition

https://soundcloud.com/pauldither/prophet-08-patches
Paul Dither

Postby dslsynth » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:58 pm

Well maybe after a few server reboots and database dances!? ;-)
dslsynth

Postby BobTheDog » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:57 am

I prefer this forum, you can post more than one thing in a row, very usefull!
BobTheDog

Postby BobTheDog » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:57 am

Like this.
BobTheDog

Postby snowcrash » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:13 am

I would prefer to stay on this forum here as well, but it's up to chysn if he wants to do this.

From the past experiences with the old forum here's why I'd like to stay and abandon the old forum:

- we don't know who runs the old forum, moderation and administration is completely obscure
- posting and editing on the old forums is tedious due to the time limits
- we don't know when it will be down for the next couple of months
- chysn seems to be very dedicated to the task and as at least for me he has earned my trust

The only reason to get back to the old site would be the amount of interesting content and resources. While it's up I'm going to try to archive some of the issues that were important to me here as well.
Poly Evolver Keyboard, Desktop Evolver, Minimoog Voyager OS, Micromoog, Roland SH101, KORG MS20 Mini, Arturia Minibrute/Microbrute, Elektron A4, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg ESX/EMX, Roland RS-09, Hohner String Melody II, Yamaha AN1x and a couple more. If you have questions about those synths feel free to ask me in a new thread.
snowcrash

Postby Razmo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:20 am

I'll stay here too... I hate that 1 message per 5 min. limit...
Razmo

Postby chysn » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:05 am

snowcrash wrote:it's up to chysn if he wants to do this.

I'm not going to discontinue this forum just because the other one is back up. Also, I don't expect anyone to pick sides; I think it would be a shame for some people to post only there and others to post only here. But, it doesn't hurt to have a fallback, and maybe each forum will develop its own character over time.
DSI: Evolver #1431
Other Synths: Moog Little Phatty Stage II (Red), Arturia MicroBrute
Other Hardware: Alesis MMT-8, Korg Volca Beats
DAW: Reaper for OSX through PreSonus AudioBox USB
chysn
Site Admin

Postby Razmo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:17 pm

I'm on both forums anyway... and I intend on looking at both in the future... as is said, it's nice with a fallback, and we know how often that other forum is down sometimes... no more abstinences :lol:

The old forum has all the OS threads, which this forum is missing unfortunately, so it's good to have both.
Razmo

Postby Bald Eagle » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:44 pm

I'll also be looking at both forums.
Bald Eagle

Postby Fuseball » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:43 pm

I'm sure I'll be checking both forums, although I prefer the more positive forward-looking attitude on here. I felt the old forums often got bogged down with unconstructive criticism. It was/is a great resource though if you're prepared to search.
Fuseball

Postby dslsynth » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:16 pm

I will be on both forums for sure. Plus there are work to do here. And besides what is wrong with multiple spouses? ;-)

Also the best solution for the old forum would be a solid hosting and system administration sponsored by DSI as its such an important resource for their gear. But say that to the moderator of the old forum!
dslsynth

Postby peter m mahr » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:52 am

I second the previous postings and will also be looking at both forums.

It was a very nice and fast move, to set up this alternative. Leaving the DSI Lifeboat now that the old dsiforum is back would make me somehow feel bad. And no one knows for how long the dsiforum will be online again.
peter m mahr

Postby namnibor » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:01 am

Will be looking at both. Would be nice to have a back-up placed on this forum of the data per instrument. Do not know if that would make it searchable but would be nice.
Just an alien living amongst humanity...we are almost finished, just have a bit more probing to do.
namnibor

Postby guy smiley » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:45 am

Just bought a tempest and this forum was there when I needed it. Has bought my loyalty
guy smiley

Postby natrixgli » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:48 pm

Part of me kind of wishes the old forum had stayed dead. While it's nice to have all that old data back, having to watch two forums is a pain, and this one is much better put together. (and has an actual identifiable human at the controls.)
natrixgli

Postby Bald Eagle » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:28 pm

natrixgli wrote:Part of me kind of wishes the old forum had stayed dead. While it's nice to have all that old data back, having to watch two forums is a pain, and this one is much better put together. (and has an actual identifiable human at the controls.)

+1
Copy all your important posts while you can. There was no real explanation why it was down for so long. Might happen again.

I think most people never found this site.
Bald Eagle

Postby chysn » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Leaving the DSI Lifeboat now that the old dsiforum is back would make me somehow feel bad.

While it's nice to have all that old data back, having to watch two forums is a pain, and this one is much better put together.

Just bought a tempest and this forum was there when I needed it. Has bought my loyalty

I appreciate all these sentiments, but I'd say, post where the audience is. I won't feel bad. The whole point was to keep people together when the dsiforum went down. So, mission accomplished, I think. Whether this forum develops a character of its own, or just sits around waiting for the next catastrophe, I can't predict. But I do plan on it being here for the next catastrophe.

The support and encouragement have been super throughout this time, so thanks to everyone! Thanks especially to The Analog Organist, who was the first guy to take the plunge, and to Elmquist, who kindly volunteered his time to fight spam, and Carson and Chris who do a great job of knowing when to chime in and when to shut up.
DSI: Evolver #1431
Other Synths: Moog Little Phatty Stage II (Red), Arturia MicroBrute
Other Hardware: Alesis MMT-8, Korg Volca Beats
DAW: Reaper for OSX through PreSonus AudioBox USB
chysn
Site Admin

Postby Razmo » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:03 pm

I think it's nice to have both... because when I'm done with one post on the old forum, I can rant for 5 minutes in here, instead of sitting and getting frustrated I cannot write again until 5 min. have passed :lol:

I actualy find that I check both forums equaly much... there are different discussions on both, and I don't feel that two is too many really.

Maybe you need to change the name to something else than "Lifeboat" now... the boat have found shore :lol:
Razmo

Next

Return to Meta Forum