Subforums

Topics about this forum, including requests, complaints, etc.

Subforums

Postby chysn » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:13 am

I made a Patches subforum for each instrument family. It was later suggested that we have a Tips and Tricks subforum for P08. This seems like a good idea, and I'm sure I'll extend this to all the DSI instrument families, too. The nice thing about the subforums is that they allow things to which people will want frequent or reference access to be easily-reachable at the top of the instrument forum.

I don't want to get too granular, though. I don't want to go nuts with categorization, especially since the search utility on this thing isn't horrendously bad. So I thought I'd throw this open for discussion: what broad topics are worthy of a subforum? I think I'd like the subforum types to be consistent across all instrument families (like Patch Exchange is now).

So, any ideas? I think a little more organization wouldn't kill a person.
DSI: Evolver #1431
Other Synths: Moog Little Phatty Stage II (Red), Arturia MicroBrute
Other Hardware: Alesis MMT-8, Korg Volca Beats
DAW: Reaper for OSX through PreSonus AudioBox USB
chysn
Site Admin

Re: Subforums

Postby chysn » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:26 am

I should also note that I don't plan to categorize things myself. For example, I can't to go through every new topic and try to figure out if it should go in the "Tips & Tricks" subforum and move it there. Frankly, almost everything could go in there, and just thinking about trying to keep up fills me with dread.
DSI: Evolver #1431
Other Synths: Moog Little Phatty Stage II (Red), Arturia MicroBrute
Other Hardware: Alesis MMT-8, Korg Volca Beats
DAW: Reaper for OSX through PreSonus AudioBox USB
chysn
Site Admin

Return to Meta Forum