Forum Emails

Topics about this forum, including requests, complaints, etc.

Forum Emails

Postby chysn » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:22 am

The dsiforum would send an email if somebody wrote a new post on a topic on which you've commented.

When I set up this forum, I disabled emails. But does anybody miss this feature and want to get email from a forum?
DSI: Evolver #1431
Other Synths: Moog Little Phatty Stage II (Red), Arturia MicroBrute
Other Hardware: Alesis MMT-8, Korg Volca Beats
DAW: Reaper for OSX through PreSonus AudioBox USB
chysn
Site Admin

Re: Forum Emails

Postby Bald Eagle » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:24 am

I find the email option useful. I vote to enable it. You always have the option to unsubscribe to a thread.
Bald Eagle

Postby Paul Dither » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:54 pm

Bald Eagle wrote:I find the email option useful. I vote to enable it. You always have the option to unsubscribe to a thread.

+1
Ableton Live 9 Suite | Ableton Push | DSI Evolver Desktop | DSI Pro 2 | KMI QuNexus | Korg Volca Beats | Moog MF-104M Analog Delay | Moog Minitaur | Moog Sub 37 Tribute Edition

https://soundcloud.com/pauldither/prophet-08-patches
Paul Dither

Postby chysn » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:53 pm

OK, I've enabled email notification. You can subscribe to a topic by clicking "Subscribe topic" near the bottom of each topic screen.

If you want to automatically subscribe to topics that you've replied to, you can set this in your preferences. Click "User Control Panel" near the top of the screen; then, click the Board Preferences tab; select the "Edit posting defaults" option; then, set the "Notify me upon replies by default" checkbox.

The dsiforum had this enabled by default for everyone, I think. My general philosophy is that people should be able to opt into emails instead of having to opt out of them, so I'll just keep the defaults as they are.
DSI: Evolver #1431
Other Synths: Moog Little Phatty Stage II (Red), Arturia MicroBrute
Other Hardware: Alesis MMT-8, Korg Volca Beats
DAW: Reaper for OSX through PreSonus AudioBox USB
chysn
Site Admin

Return to Meta Forum